My pal Yvonne is a talented, generous and resourceful woman. Despite suffering from the aftereffects of a severe asthma attack that landed her in the emergency room earlier this week, she managed to locate and send me directions for this too-cute candlebox gift.
Thanks, Yvonne! Call me if you need me to bring over over chicken soup.
11-7/8” X 8- 3/4" Cardstock
Simple Snowflake stamp (catalog #115554)
Real Red 1/4" grosgrain ribbon
Old Olive 5/8” grosgrain ribbon
Real Red 5/8” grosgrain ribbon
2-way Glue Pen
Small silver bells
Votive candle in glass holder
Directions for box:
1. Trim a piece of 12×12 cardstock to 11-7/8” x 8-3/4”. Place the 8-3/4” side at the top and score at 2-7/8” and 5-7/8”.
2. Turn cardstock so that 11-7/8” side is at the top and score at 1-1/2” and 4-1/2". Then score at 2-1/2" ONLY from the top edge to the first score line and from the second score line to the bottom. THE MIDDLE SECTION SHOULD BE SKIPPED. Turn the cardstock around and repeat the scoring.
3. Cut on the 2-1/2” vertical score line down to the first horizontal score line. Do this on each of the four corners. On that horizontal scored line, cut from the 1-1/2” score line over to the 4-1/2” vertical score line. It looks like a T when cut properly.
4. Fold these “panels” upward. Bring the center sections in together and overlap the sides. Glue them in place. This forms the base of the box.
5. Bring the sides in and glue the flaps to make the box sides.
6. Cut three 3” squares of designer paper and glue in the bottom of the three sections of the box.
7. Stamp four snowflakes in Real Red ink and punch. Line each snowflake with 2-way glue and sprinkle with Dazzling Diamonds. Glue one on each side of the box, see picture above.
8. Center a piece of 20” Real Real 5/8” ribbon on the bottom of the box, fold the box closed and tie at the top. Glue remaining snowflakes on each side covering the ribbon. Using Crystal Effects, glue a silver bell in the center of these snowflakes.
Directions for candle cover:
1. Wrap the glass votive holder with decorative paper.
2. Wrap with Old Olive 5/8” ribbon and glue, Wrap with 1/4” Real Red ribbon and tie a bow. Glue a bell in the center of the bow.
I'll be putting together a video soon if you need additional help.